Welcome To Statistics Department
Statistics was introduced at UG level under science faculty during academic year 1990-91. The department has well equipped and well furnished laboratory. Internet facility is available for students and staff.
Providing quality education at undergraduate level.
- To Provide quality education through teaching to students and apply the concepts of Statistics successfully to real life problems.
- To provide students with competancy to handle data.
ICT facility available in the department
- R-software. ( Free downloading Link )
- e-PGPathshala link :- https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/ahl.php?csrno=34
- All the computers are connected in LAN.
You will learn Statistics through various teaching methods:
Lectures last 48 minutes and there will be three per week for each first and second year courses. Lectures take place in classrooms, with one teacher responsible for each course.
- It is most effective and simple method of curriculum delivery. All the teachers of department use this method for effective curriculum delivery.
- Problem solving is practiced in classroom teaching which helps in understanding of theoretical principles.
There is a practical course assigned to each year of study. First year and seond year undergraduate will have one practical course which includes project work.
During laboratory sessions students perform experiment related to theory. This help students to understand theory as well as applications of statistics in real life.
ICT in Statistics
Powerpoint presentations are used for teaching purposes.
Practicals are directly related to the theory syllabus. Thus during practical sessions students learn theory as well as their applications in real life through practicals and projects.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY (PUSA QUIZ)
Every year we conduct STATISTICS QUIZ organized by Pune University Statistics Association (PUSA). This activity is conducted at university level.